Monday, May 27, 2013

My plans, and their irrelevance

For some reason, I get the notion that the plan I come up with is the right one.

I don't know why I continue to think that, especially when God has consistently proved that theory wrong.

The difference between my plan and God's plan - besides the obvious lack of knowledge in my department - is that my plan usually focuses on what I want right now. His plan usually takes me through a bunch of stuff I don't want to do that, while obnoxiously difficult and stressful both physically and mentally, still end up resulting in something better for me than I had initially expected.

I guess I can compare it to attending college. When you graduate high school, you can either choose to take a job immediately and reap the rewards of a job immediately, or you can go through college and stress out and get into thousands of dollars of debt, but eventually earn a much better job, and also make a few amazing lifelong friends along the way.

God forces us to - metaphorically - go to college. He knows what's best for us. We think we know what's best, but my goodness, we certainly do not. Usually those personal vices that we yearn for end up turning into negative factors in our lives.

I guess the point I'm trying to make to anyone reading this, but mostly to myself, is that trusting God is way more important than trusting your own instinct. I know it's hard to see where He's going with your life, and your life takes a few crazy unexpected twists and turns, you just have to know that God is in the driver's seat. He has everything under control. Especially when you are making a conscious effort to follow God's word and His will. It is written:

"I love those who love me; And those who diligently seek me will find me." - Proverbs 8:17

I'm working on it, God. 

I'm improving every day in every way. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment